Bee Sting First Aid Treatment



Bee stings are painful and to those allergic to the venom they can be life threatening.

If there is no allergy involved, bee sting first aid is relatively simple.

  • check for a stinger and remove if there is one with tweezers or your fingers
  • common reactions are redness, swelling and pain
  • use an ice pack or compress for the swelling and pain
  • use a pain relief medicine if the symptoms persist
  • Symptoms of bee stings should go away quickly. Swelling and itching may last more than a day though.

    Swelling hands

    If any member of your family is allergic to bee stings an Epi-pen can be a lifesaver and antihistamines can help to slow down an anaphylactic reaction.

    Get to the nearest emergency facility as soon as possible if the person has been stung inside the mouth or nose, if they have been stung a number of times or if they are allergic.

    Hypothermia
    Return from Bee Sting First Aid to Camping First Aid Kit
    Return to Home Page

    Keep up to date with the latest and greatest tips, advice and gadgets. Family Camping and Hiking Newsletter is totally free and will show up in the e-mail every month or so! Just fill out this short form:

    Enter your E-mail Address
    Enter your First Name (optional)
    Then

    Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
    I promise to use it only to send you Family Camping and Hiking E-zine.